Ulster University, offers a dynamic learning environment where enthusiasm and ambition are rewarded. It is a regional university with four campuses across Northern Ireland. Engineering provision is spread across two faculties; Art, Design & The Built Environment and Computing and Engineering. The University has earned a reputation for producing highly employable engineers, with relevant knowledge and skills in tune with industry needs. Employment rates within the School of the Built Environment are above the UK average, whilst the BEng Civil Engineering has been ranked first for student satisfaction in the UK National Student Survey, 2014.
Key engineering programmes at undergraduate level include:
- BEng Architectural Engineering
- MEng/BEng Civil Engineering
- BSc Civil Engineering (Geoinformatics)
- BSc Construction Engineering and Management
- BSc Energy
Popular engineering programmes at postgraduate level include.
- MSc Advanced Composites and Polymers
- MSc Biomedical Engineering
- MSc Fire Safety Engineering
- MSc Infrastructure Engineering
- MSc Manufacturing Management
- MSc Renewable Energy and Energy Management
World-Leading Engineering Research
Ulster University has a reputation for teaching excellence that is led by our pioneering research. Not only does this inspire students to achieve their potential but it also means students are taught by academics sharing the latest knowledge in their chosen field. The University’s outstanding performance in the recent REF2014 is testament to the quality of research undertaken in the field of engineering:
100% of engineering research is considered world-leading or internationally-excellent
- Engineering research is within the top 20 UK universities
- Advanced Materials research is within the top 12 UK universities
- The Built Environment Research Institute is ranked sixth in the UK Power Table.
Ulster University is committed to shaping bright futures for our students in their chosen career paths. Through a network of well-established links with industry, undergraduate engineering students can avail of work placements – within the UK or abroad – as part of their studies. These invaluable opportunities equip our students with the essential skills and knowledge to achieve their career objectives.
Ulster University is progressive, friendly and free-spirited and welcomes students from over 100 countries. The International Department is a dedicated team who guides and supports international students in every way; from making an application, applying for a UK visa, preparing to travel to ensuring student life is rewarding and memorable.